Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Lunar (1) - The Haul

 Oh look, It's another "Matt posts a pile of stuff because he has no impulse control" Post.


 This time it's Lunar by, you guessed it, Blacksite Studios. Lunar is a skirmish game set during the Cold War on the moon. It's roughly 3 to 5 figures a player and is all about fighting for resources on the moon. There's a campaign, lovely components and great resin figures.

Inside the starter you get dice, tokens, a rulebook and 10 figures as well as the cards to play with everything. Unlike Violent dark this set also comes with some clips to track all the stats with. 


The resin sets are basically a bag full of options. The game isn't WYSIWYG so I opted for stuff that'd be fun to paint and look at. The figures didnt require much clean up and went together nice. 


 Unlike Violent Dark, we got a game in already and I'm actually interested in playing more of the game. We got one game in at the "small" size and actually really enjoyed it. I was a little skeptical after our test game of Violent Dark that maybe DLB was a flash in the pan but I think VD just needs some ironing out and am going to finish painting it but wait until theres more content to revisit it. 


Next time I post about Lunar, I'll give some thoughts on the game as well as showcase what got painted already. Long story short though, this ones a winner.


2 comments:

  1. Really? No clean up? I had mold lines that I diligently had to remove from legs and around helmet. While it wasn't terrible I still spent a lot of time on all the figures removing mold lines.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Much Clean up" they definitely had some. I got one of the first runs but they were relatively clean all things considered. I'm not as picky about it as you are though

    ReplyDelete