Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Deadzone (1) - Mazon Labs Starter

 I picked these up at Adepticon 2023. I actually got home from the show on Sunday, unpacked the car, and primed them. I wanted to crack these out as quick as possible so the majority of the heavy lifting is contrast paint. This project ended up taking about a week all told. I thought I'd end up finishing them on Monday but ended up not picking up a brush for most of the day and opted to just chip away on these throughout the week. We're just going to need to deal with some god awful photos for a while as well folks. The lighting in this area is just not good for this but I'd really like to continue blogging.

  I don't have a ton of love for these figures. They were all one piece castings except for the leader who was 3 resin pieces. As mentioned I let the contrast do the lifting and wanted to crack them out pretty quick. We also managed to get a game in where they lost pretty harshly. I'd like to get a few more games in before I move over to veer-myn as a more permanent home. Still, a nice quick project to kick off some painting mojo. While working on these I chipped away on a bunch of other stuff putting either finishing touches or dents in other projects so it was nice to be at the desk this much. In no particular order are some shots from the game (I lost 12-0) and some "close ups" (I know they're bad). I'll plan on taking a few nicer photo booth photos when I finish more figures for the faction down the road but for now its progress











As an aside, This is another goal on the list 
 Play Deadzone
 
On to the next project

No comments:

Post a Comment