Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Checking in on Hobby Goals

This will post while I'm at adepticon presumably screwing the whole list up and making all sorts of lofty mistakes.

 Though I didn't adhere to my original plan of "roughly two goals a month" I have been making steady progress on a few of these goals. Here is the updated list with some break downs

End the year with a sub 200 Golf Score

    The year of course is not yet over but as of this writing we're sitting pretty at 141. This was after receiving an all in pledge on yafsiga and selling off my Conquest Spires and AOS Slaanesh force.

Begin the Lord of the Rings Ringbearer Campaign

    I did paint a couple more figures for this and actually (using the mines of moria plastics) have enough to play the first scenario.

Play Spectre Ops

    Purchased a box of Wargames Atlantic Afghans and the digital conversion set from WAA

Print and Paint two sets of Team Fortress 2 Figures

    Printed one and a half sets and put paint on at least 4 of the figures.

Play To The Strongest with painted 10mm figures

Finally Try Age of Hannibal

    Both this and the goal above were waiting on bases to continue which have since arrived.

Play a game of A Song of Ice and Fire with a painted Baratheon Force

Finish 2k points of Old Dominion for Conquest and play a game

Completely Paint 2 complete factions for Crisis Protocol

    I have assembled everything in spider foes and am about halfway through painting it all. 

Finally Try Moonstone

Finally Try Mad Maximilian

Play at least one game of Necromunda

     Managed to play a game with my wife in February

Try Necropolis28

Try Mordheim

    3d printed an entire warband of witch hunters and roped two friends into a test game in april.

Play a Game of War of the Ring

Play a game of Horus Heresy

Finish at least one Cabinet piece (resin probably)

Play both Sludge and Turnip

Try the new edition of Kill Team

Play Never Mind the Billhooks

Attend one tourney or play event

Finish my Death ray Designs City Board

 

Now heres the bad news. This list was the original list that I had hoped to acomplish this year. Unfortunately (as one is to do with such severe hobby ADD as I have) there are a few other tasks I really want to try to knock out this year

Try Verrotwood

Finish my 3d printed Boarding Action board

Try One Page Rules Age of Fantasy Skirmish

Play a game of Brawl Arcane 28

Sculpt Print and Paint something of my own

Try Conquest First Blood

Try Battlefleet gothic and OPR equivalent

Play Deadzone

I know its awfully ambitious of me to add things to the original list when we're not even out of march, the list is barely cracked and some of these are completely unrelated or rather extravagant. I am who I am and I am want to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment