Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2026

Horus Heresy (2) - An Undertaking

 You know what's crazy? I thought for a second I'd be posting these guys for the first time today but it turns out I did already showcase my Word Bearers but it's actually been a little over a year!

https://gamingwithmitten.blogspot.com/2025/06/horus-heresy-1-word-bearers-zone.html

You can check out the previous post here ^ but to summarize, I painted 1k of Word Bearers. Theyve seen exactly one 2nd edition game so far. 

Now for those of you who are keeping score, I said I'd paint another 1k this year in my yearly goal breakdown. Things are about to fly off the handle.

While chatting with a buddy, I've been talked into signing up for some sort of narrative event on the west side of the state, the weekend of Aug. 15. This gives me 26 days (as of writing this) to get the remaining force done for the event. I have signed up for some sort of 3k list and after some deliberation and combing through my collection, I've decided to go for it. I had around 1k done as of last post so to add to the army I will be painting:

10 breachers

5 heavy support squad

1 spartan landraider

1 Saturnine Dread

6 Saturnine Termiunators 

1 Centurion

1 Mortificator

 I did in the meantime finish up my Argel Tal


 So far, I've just been building everything. I think it is actually doable despite how it looks on paper. Almost everything is airbrushed 80 of the base coats so I think all said and done, I stand a good shot. 

Wish me luck

This will unfortunately put the Armageddon project on short hold, but I have another unit almost finished for that. I also have a secret necromunda project that I'll put the final touches on and post about soon, but between now and August, expect more heresy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment